Jag Club Meeting: November 14, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:00.
Attendees: Jill Tate, Travis Seese, Stephanie Riddle, Emily Smith, Terri Voltz, Elizabeth Strohm, Gretchen Piechottka, Patrick Bunch, Tom Wetherby, Maryssa Washolder, Donna Thorpe, Garcia Sawyer, Sabah Malik, Don Brew
- Updates about team social media accounts and number of followers
- Why student athletes are great employees
- Most of the Board positions have been filled with the exception of Ways and Means
- Amendments to by-laws will be adding a President pro-tem, six Vice Presidents and a Member-at-Large
- Revenue sources are from Membership, Concessions and Sponsorships
Athletic Director Update:
- The budget is ahead from last year
- Travis provided updates on how the fall teams have finished.
- Jag Club must buy back for $15 the broken lawnmower, spiker and golf cart in order to be able to sell and keep revenue in Jag Club account.
- The ramp to the press box has cracks, but the tear out and redo are underway
- Attendance for the Parent Night/Winter Sports was around 40 which is much improved from years past
- Still need chairperson for the Golf Tournament
- Golf Tournament date has been scheduled and the course has been reserved for June 13th.
- The All Sports Banquet has been scheduled for May 24th
- Jennifer Chang of the Women’s Golf team is the Athlete of the month.
- The “Beat Cary” Board has been a hit with students
- Still working on cleaning up the spreadsheet as several items have been listed incorrectly
- $1500 made from Powder Puff
- Jag Junction doing well and is using Square
- It appears 14 checks were never cashed and Stephanie is looking into those
- Information will be forthcoming about a restaurant night at Chipotle in Crossroads
- Chairperson in place for Winter Sports concessions, but someone is still needed to run Spring Sports
- Travis has received a check from Publix and Circle K is sponsoring Athens through their “Fuel for School” program
- Need to replace the chain for the cutter
- The spring clean-up will be set for some time right after the spring sports tryouts
- Trophy case has been reorganized and updated
- Two or three memberships added this week
- The goal is to exceed $17,530
- Discussion about whether to mark down passes for spring sports
- City BBQ provided $162 in revenue
- Three mattresses were sold for Jag Club which will provide approximately $200 in revenue
- Restaurant night being planned
- Considering how to sell “Paws” painted at the stadium next year at Homecoming
- Plans for providing a Scholarship Fund for $500 that would be presented during the Sports Banquet in May
- Motion to approve Sabah Malik as Member-At-Large by Patrick Bunch; second, Jill Tate; motion approved
- Motion to approve buying back golf cart, spiker and lawnmower for $15 by Travis Seese; second Jill Tate; motion approved
- Motion to appropriate $1000 for Scholarship Fund by Patrick Bunch; second Sabah Malik; motion approved
Next Jag Club meeting for December has not yet been determined.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20.